Our vision for the Medical Needs in Schools (MNiS) Hub is to empower staff with the confidence to support all children within their schools who are experiencing either a physical or mental health condition and to be able to choose the best approaches, including using remote technologies if appropriate, to support them.
MNiS Launch Event - Dr Erika Payne Presentation 12.11.2021
MNiS Launch Event - Kate Kingsford Presentation 12.11.2021
MNiS – Core Package
Sign up to promote inclusion and support young people with medical conditions in our schools.
It’s FREE for all but we do ask for your commitment and to pass on your knowledge to another partner school – peer support later in the programme if you are able.
- Full programme of training on statutory guidance to ensure compliance with DfE and best practice guidance
- Access to Toolkits explaining conditions and giving practical ideas for supporting pupils eg CFS, Chronic Pain, Anxiety
- Access to drop-in workshops
- A days audit from a member of the MNiS team who will go through the Self Evaluation Form / Write Action Plan/ Support and Evaluate / Review
- Access to MNiS consultant for support and advice
- Benefit from a local and national network of partnership with schools, health professionals, hospital schools etc
- Work together to share good practice; troubleshoot issues arising; share concerns; liaise with our medical professionals
- Be fully supported in how to write a good Individual Healthcare Plan for your students
- Have access to local medical teams for advice, information and support