20th & 24th September 2021 (Copleston High School, Ipswich)
29th & 30th September 2021 (First Base Bury St Edmunds)
13th & 14th October 2021 (Copleston High School, Ipswich)
8th & 9th November 2021 (Copleston High School, Ipswich)
19th & 26th November 2021 (online)
9th & 10th December 2021 (face-to-face, venue TBC)
Completing our two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider and you will gain:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
The course is delivered in four manageable chunks:
- About mental health
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and psychosis
- Self-harm and eating disorders
Each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan and learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
What you will receive
Everyone who completes the course receives
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
How to book
To book please return completed booking forms to MHFA@raedwaldtrust.org.
If you are unable to attend the course you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
If you are unable to attend and cannot/do not wish to transfer your place to someone else in your organisation, we may accept the fee paid as payment towards a place on the same or another course taking place within the 12 months following the originally booked event. Booking can only be transferred once.
If you are unable to attend, and not in a position to transfer your place to another person or to another event, then the following charges will apply.
Cancellation Charges for Training Courses:
- 12-8 weeks before the course: 50% of the fee
- 8-2 weeks before the course: 75% of the fee
- Less than 14 days before the course: 100% of the fee
Please note: full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking that has been transferred.